Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Where I Write


    My writing space is in a cozy corner of my living room situated right next to the flat screen television.  I have my desktop computer on top of a big, ole desk.  Right in front of the keyboard is the only bare place where the light colored wood can be seen.  The picture you see at the right is of my desk the day I got my computer and was forced to clean the clutter off to set it up.  Needless to say, the neat and clean look didn't last long.






     I am ashamed to admit that the rest of my desk is in semi-organized chaos.  Cluttered with papers reminding me of this and that, writing prompts, times to pick my kids of from school, bills that should be paid but haven’t been yet, and since Halloween my stash of left over Halloween candy.




     There are pictures of my husband and me and a multitude of pens.  I have a red binder that holds all my completed zentangles that were fortunate to escape the clutches of the trash bin.  You will find a spray bottle filled with alcohol to clean the smudges from my glasses, assorted screwdrivers, and my tomato pin cushion.  While I straighten it up on occasion, most of the time it is as I have described.  It is said that a cluttered desk is the sign of a genius.  If that is the case, I must be right up there with Einstein!


     A hair brush, hand sanitizer, and two rocks that were gifts with etchings of a Boston terrier dog and a sleeping cat surround my keyboard.  It is a mess plain and simple, but it is my mess and believe it or not some of my best ideas are born in this cluttered, cozy place.  I have a good idea where everything I need is even if I have to search a bit to find it.


18 comments:

  1. And we have now discovered the difference between us! We have many things in common, but a messy work area isn't one of them. Not that my desk doesn't get messy, it certainly does! I just have to straighten it and clean it before I begin to write or work there. A little OCD, my mind isn't clear if my space isn't tidy.

    To each her own and creativity thrives wherever one is happy, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I do try to straighten things up a bit...but then I get to working and before I know it I am surrounded by clutter. LOL. My desk is a catch all for everything. Thank you for stopping in and for your kind comments. ♥

      Delete
  2. My actual writing space is a "cleansed" area and I have crystals and bamboo on it.. I light candles to clear my mind so I can focus.. Actually now that I think about it I have a ritual I must go through before sitting down to write at my desk.. Maybe I too am OCD.. I have photos of my grandchildren hanging near on my wall.. My pup at my feet usually.. Yeah.. I've got to have a certain vibe I guess..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, sounds like a great place to write to me! Thank you for stopping in and for your sweet comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. No matter what your space, God grants the creativity! Mine? Messier than what I want, but it's all I need.
    Love and blessings, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, that he does and I often go to him and ask him give me the words to write as silly as it sounds. When I wake up the next day...I sit down and write and the words just flow. Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments. You always give me so much inspiration. ♥

      Delete
  4. Kathy, Ever since I have discovered Blogging, some places in my home are unfortunately cluttered!
    Need a few hours to clean up! :)
    Your Post has this ' Genius' quote that I love! Not so guilty about the mess now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anitaexplorer, I seriously need to sort through the mountain of stuff on my desk. The only problem is there is no where to put it. LOL I love that genius quote too. Makes me feel loads better about my clutter here and there. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. Sounds a lot like my craft table/room! It looks really cluttered but I know where everything is....for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I for one would love to see where you make all those remarkable crafts! You are a creative genius JoJo! ♥

      Delete
  6. An organized mess, the best way to work, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I agree. I think I need to straighten my mess a bit and make it a bit more organized. LOL Thank you for stopping in and for your sweet comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. Felt real good to finally see, where all these ideas come from :p :p
    Most importantly , felt wonderful to see where our kathy writes!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikhil, so pleased you enjoyed reading about my little writing space. Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments! ♥

      Delete
  8. kathy, we are in the same boat.
    I use the dining table as my writing desk amidst the fruits, a bowl of stationery, bills, reminders from kid's school...etc

    what better way to be creative huh ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruchira, I love it!! Close to the snacks! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  9. That's so cool, you love your organized mess!! I prefer a neat and clean look of my workstation, though! Well, that's because I have this OCD for cleanliness and orderliness! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shilpa, I would love neat and clean I just seem incapable of keeping it that way. LOL Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete