Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday Tunes- The Fox


      It is time for another round of Tuesday Tunes.  This week I am spotlighting a song that is taking the world by storm and is the biggest thing at my daughter’s junior high lately.  The song is performed by a Norwegian comedy duo from Bergen, Norway known as Ylvis.   When their video “The Fox” went viral on You Tube in September it quickly caught on gaining them worldwide attention.  My daughter came home from school and told me all about it, and then I brought up You Tube and checked out the video for myself.



       To be honest, the video and the song amuses the hell out of me.  It gives me the giggles.  It is so random.  Something about it makes me feel giddy and like acting like a complete idiot.  I wasted little time downloading it on my phone and often will randomly ask my daughter “What does the fox say?” before erupting in a fit of giggles.  My son thinks it is annoying and hates it which just makes us love it more.    We dance to it, sing along to it, and laugh our happy asses off to it.  It is great fun to sing at my daughter’s bus stop early in the morning.  Mind you, it is so dark when my daughter ventures out at the butt crack of dawn that I go with her to make sure she is safe and because she doesn’t want to be alone in the dark.   Quite honestly, I don’t want her alone in the dark.   Once the other kids start arriving on the scene, I sneak off for home in the cover of darkness because that is the kind of mom I am.  Before that, we have a merry time being silly.  It helps keep us warm in the increasingly colder morning temperatures we have been experiencing lately.  After all, what does the fox say?


           This morning I am not surprised to discover “The Fox” is rapidly climbing Billboard’s chart of hot 100 top songs.  After only 4 weeks on the charts the song is at number 8 and on the rise.  The song is red hot and I love it.  It is different.  The beat is catchy.  Once you hear it, it will be stuck in your head, as it is stuck in mine.  It may just drive you batty, but at least you will have a smile on your face.  Happy Tuesday Tunes!!




16 comments:

  1. I loved watching this one, so can imagine the fun you must be having while dancing and singing this song!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shilpa, we have too much fun with this one. It is hysterical. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. Thanks Kathy for sharing this video!
    Me and my kid had a good laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anitaexplorer, I am so pleased you both enjoyed it! It is lots of fun. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. YESSSSSS!! oh my gosh i LOVE this song! I saw them on Ellen last week and she sang along with them. She even had someone dressed as a fox and they would sing this song and scare people in the bathroom. Its catchy and you cant help but sing it. They actually meant for it to be a crap song and they had no idea it would skyrocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holli, me too! LOL I bet they are blown away by how big this song has gotten. Boy, did they get a big surprise. Probably not something they could reproduce in a million years. It is pure magic. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. Awesome...I can imagine the fun you have with your daughter singing on this...and I want to how your husband reacts to it? Does he giggle or frowns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sugandha, we have so much fun! Haven't really off the edge and sang it in front of him. Not sure what he would think but our laughter is surely contagious! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. I'm afraid to listen to it lest it get stuck in my head like Gangnam style and Call me maybe! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, LOL it just might but it is so much fun! Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. My daughter had me watch this earlier this week - it's hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, it cracks me up every single time I hear it or see it. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. That is so cute. He he... "What does the fox say?". A really good question. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jyothisdayout, LOL what does he say? Ding da ding da ding ding ding!! LOLOLOLOL Thank you for stopping by and making me laugh so early in the morning! ♥

      Delete
  8. What's best is that some of these things help us connect to kids which make all the stupid efforts of getting into their shoes worth it :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richa, I agree. I have found that my kids and I like a lot of the same kinds of music and love being silly together. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete