Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday Tunes- Gone and Still Into You



     Even when I don’t have a shred of desire to write I can summon up some inspiration for Tuesday Tunes because I love my music.  Today is the day I get to share my picks for the week; you know the tunes that are rocking my mp3 player at full volume.




     Where did the summer go?  Didn’t school just let out?  It went by entirely too fast and tomorrow is the first day of school.  It blows my mind and today I am contemplating what it will be like after I put the kids on their buses.  I know about the silences that will envelope the house soon after they are gone.  It usually takes me a few days to realize that I have the house to myself and then I react much like Macaulay Culkin’s character in “Home Alone”.  Yes, I run through the house screaming and waving my hands celebrating my freedom.  Then I crank my tunes to full blast and have the time of my life.  Of course, by afternoon I need a nap because I have worn myself out and need to regroup before the kids come home…but still I enjoy every minute of it and look forward to when they come home so I can hear about every little detail about their days.  My first song captures the spirit of my feelings as my kids head back to school perfectly.  I love everything about “Gone, Gone, Gone” by Phillip Phillips.  It has got a great beat and the lyrics are so poignant.  I find myself singing and swaying along when I hear it.  I love it!!!


       Lately every single time I drive anywhere I discover Jake Owen's crooning on the radio “The One that Got away”.  I find myself singing along to this one too.  I think we have all had that one special one that got away. If you are lucky, there might even have been two.   You never quite forget them.  The magic of that first meeting and the time you spent with that person is locked in a secret place in your heart forever.  It is a memory you never lose…because after all they were amazing but somehow they escaped your clutches.  Still looking back, you remember them with a mischievous smile on your face and this song definitely in your heart.


    My last pick for this week is a fun little ditty called “Still into You” by Paramore.  I love this song!  It is a feel good bouncy song that spells out how I feel about my husband.  We will have been married 16 years September 12.  After all this time, I am still into him.  Through thick and thin and sick and sin…he’s still the only one for me.





     I leave you with another Tuesday of great tunes.  Feel free to pump up the volume and give a listen.  Let the music take you to a special place filled with unicorns that poop out rainbows and fanciful pixies.  Life is much better when you are happy!!


12 comments:

  1. WOW you start school already? We should be too. Summer is TOO long. We have until the 9th! Call me a cranky mom but I'm ready to have my routine back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, on the contrary I don't feel summer was long enough!! Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. My teacher friends are all setting up their classrooms. We always started the Wed. after Labor Day, but some schools go back in August now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, all the schools around here are back in session on the 14th, although I think there might be some that started last week. It gets earlier every year. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. Love your music blogs, Kathy! I like Phillip Phillips too! Yep, that's what I'm doing today...wrapping up all the loose ends so two of my kids to start school tomorrow. In a couple of weeks, my youngest starts and I too will be doing the "happy-free" dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beachlover, I am so pleased you enjoy the music blogs. Tuesday is my favorite day at my blog because of them. Thank you for stopping in and for your sweet comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. I love these music Tuesdays and I especially love Jake Owen! Yowza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Menopausal mama, they are a lot of fun to put together! I agree, Jake Owen is pretty hot. Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up with us! Great tunes this week! I love, love, love Phillip Phillips and that song by Paramore is definitely on my list these days! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, I love making up these music posts and look forward to it each week. I love Phillip Phillips too and Paramore is awesome. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. I love the transition from Jake to Paramore. Yes, I still have my One That Got Away.....(where 'er he is now...) and after 25 years my Still Into You hubby. He scrubs up well!

    Ps.......I thought Paramore were a heavier band than this. Might check out more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete