Friday, July 5, 2013

The 4th and the Aftermath

    The fourth of July lived up to all my expectations.  It was a busy day here on the home front and we got a lot done from finally filling the swimming pool with water, setting up a volleyball net in the backyard so we could play volleyball or badminton, to my husband putting new brakes on our truck so we could come to a stop which is an important function to have.  You can’t just run into things to stop…you have to have brakes that work.  It seemed like we were doing something at every single moment!!

    I had special plans to barbecue chicken, cook corn on the cob, and make homemade potato salad and I managed to get that done too…although it happened kind of late in the day.  While that was going on I realized I had bought absolutely nothing to blow up.  I simply couldn’t have that.  I mean…it was the 4th of July.  It is the one
day of the whole year that it is perfectly legal to blow shit up.  So we rushed out just before dark and bought a few fireworks to set off. 



        I was in my element!!  I was out there in my lawn chair with my camera in the dark focusing on the sky.  My camera has this “firework” setting that I had never tried before and last night was my chance to test it out.  I figured out in a big hurry it was like a time release drug.  You pressed the button…and then you waited crossing your fingers and your toes that you actually captured the burst of color before it disappeared from the night sky.  I honestly took more pictures last night than I did at Christmas!!




      All in all it was a holiday for the record books followed by a day of running about everywhere.  We went to the mall, Toys R Us, and Wal-Mart and did the look around.  We even hit my favorite store which is Barnes and Nobles.


        After all that looking about, we finished off the evening at the Golden Corral eating literally everything in sight!!  The best part was that they had cotton candy.  I thought I had literally died and went to heaven!!  I just know in my heaven they will have wall to wall cotton candy.  They even had a chocolate fondue fountain!!  My family dipped everything from strawberries to watermelon in that glorious chocolate and my son, to my disgust was marinated in chocolate in every available orifice when he was through.  I ordered my husband to the men’s room to hose him down and clean him up.  My husband wasn’t happy about doing it, but my son is 7 and had no intention of stepping into the ladies room.

      Speaking of clean up, I discovered the wildest thing in the toilet.  Actually it freaked me out a little.  I went and did my business and then after washing my hands hit the button to turn on the hand dryer.  Holy Shit!!  It was like unleashing a mini tornado with 100 mph winds.  It literally shook the skin on my hands!!!!  I felt a little better when it did the same to my daughter.  At least then I knew it wasn’t moving my skin in ripples because it was old and saggy baggy.  I thought that crazy thing was going to blow my skin off.  All in all it was an awesome day and I managed a blog after all.  Day 5 of the Ultimate Blogging Challenge is in the books!! 


     


24 comments:

  1. HA HA HA! Sounds like you had one of the best days ever! BTW...they have those same dryers at Costco! Freaky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, that dryer scared the crap out of me!! Made me wonder if I needed to buy a vat of anti aging cream for my skin. LMAO!! Thank you for stopping in and for your lovely comments!! We have more excitement and fun when my husband is home...guaranteed!

      Delete
  2. Cute post Kathy. Your 4th was very eventful and filled with lots of fun surprises. You can't beat that and so glad you had time to blog. Good going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wendy643, I made time as the clock was ticking down to midnight. Yikes...talk about under pressure!! LOL Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. Sounds like I need to hang out with you - B&N, cotton candy and excessive hand blowing devices are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, we would have us a time wouldn't we?? LOL Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. Love the pics. Was a bit freaked out by the toilet story. Funny experience I can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalpana, You had to be there. Seeing your skin rippling over your bones gives you just a ghastly feeling. It was down right freaky! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. Such a fun-filled post. I like the fact that your favourite store is Barnes & Noble. I also liked your idea of heaven. Charming post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, I am so pleased you enjoyed reading it. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. Those hand dryers are nuts aren't they? lol At least they dry your hands better than the older ones. Sounds like you had an awesome 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, it was full of adventure and fun and my hands were DRY!! LOL Thank you for stopping in and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. well well ... looks like some one had a fun time :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sukupedia, I sure did!! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had a fun fourth. I worry about the amateur fireworks. One of my daughter's friends burnt down his house in middle school.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, that is awful!! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  9. So glad you had a great time. I am not a big fan of those wind machines in bathrooms either. They are really wild and they do make your skin look all weird!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ornery's Wife, I have never come across one that literally tried to blow me back to start! LOL Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  10. Kathy That was such an illustrating post.. All of us through your words celebrated 4th July with you...Thank you for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, I am so pleased you enjoyed it!! Thank you for stopping in and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  11. Bahahahaha...that's really all I can say! Omg, too funny! Glad you had a great 4th. ❤💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I am so glad you enjoyed it and got a giggle while here. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  12. Was it a Dyson hand dryer? those things are NUTS. My son is actually afraid of them (he's barely 5 so he gets to go with me sometimes, hee hee!)

    I absolutely love the chicken with her head cut off picture and will probably be "borrowing" it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey, not sure but I do know it had a sticker that said "Feel the Power!" No kidding! Thank you for stopping in to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete