Saturday, November 3, 2012

Football Saturday

     At my house Saturday’s revolve around the fighting Irish of Notre Dame’s football games.  We plan all our activities around kick off.  It has always been so.  I was brought up that way.  I was thankful I could sleep in today because when I woke up, I was sick.  Not just a little sick, but a lot sick.  My cold was much worse than the day before.   My head felt like it was the size of the living room.  I could not breathe for all the snot.  What wasn’t clogged happily ran down my face with abandon.  I went through what seemed liked hundreds of tissues.  I took cold medications with no avail.


    The afternoon was spent on the couch covered with blankets with tissues at my side cheering Notre Dame on to victory.  I was hot, and then I was cold.  I was miserable.  As the game progressed, I forgot how sick I was for a moment.  I yelled, I screamed, I cheered, and I jumped up and down.  I am pretty vocal for Notre Dame Games and always have been.  I was brought up in a house where life all but stopped doing the football games and the tradition repeats itself at my house.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine Notre Dame would pull another win out of the bag in triple overtime!!  I sure am glad they did!!  What a nail biter!  Hells bells, you could never claim that game wasn’t filled with drama.  I just love riding on the runaway crazy train of the fighting Irish of Notre Dame.


 

     Outside it was cold.  That didn’t stop the fans from keeping the stadium packed until the last strains of "Notre Dame, Our Mother" faded into the thunderous roars of the crowd.  What a season!!  What a game!!  I do believe Brian Kelly’s team of fighting Irish could go all the way until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.



6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better, Kathy. Yesterday my husband's alma mater played mine. Would you believe I didn't even watch the game and could care less who won? Luckily the Gators beat MIZZOU because he would have been too upset with a loss, while I'm indifferent.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, still sick but a tinge better than Saturday. I didn't actually go to Notre Dame, although I did win a science scholarship there once upon a time. I was brought up watching Notre Dame football. My folks were big fans and we lived the next town over so it was natural to always follow the team. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. I'd started watching the game while my honey was napping but when he woke up, he didn't want to watch it b/c he hates sports so we watched something else. I am glad they won!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, my husband never used to be much into watching football, but he and the kids have little choice in the matter. When the game is on, life stops and the volume of me and the tv is full blast. He even started cheering on the Irish. I am so glad they won too. I wasn't sure they were going to, then they pulled it out in triple overtime. Just an awesome game! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  3. I hope you are feeling better Kathy!! Our house revolves around The Ohio State Buckeyes. We are loving this team this year--while they have not always played great this year they have won!! 10-0 Baby!! Too bad they are not bowl eligible. *Sigh*

    Glad you had a great time watching your team.

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, maybe a tinge better than Saturday...but still pretty sick. That is one awesome record. Go Buckeyes! I bet you are thrilled!!
      Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete