Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Swiss Steak

2 pounds thinly sliced round steak
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 medium bell pepper, sliced
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 TBSP steak sauce
1 1/2 TBSP cornstarch




Cut the steak into palm-size serving pieces.  Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.  Arrange steak pieces slightly overlapping in skillet over medium high heat.  Cook meat until browned.










Layer soup mix, mushrooms, and bell pepper over steak.  Drain tomatoes, reserving juice. Add tomatoes to skillet. Salt and pepper to taste.








Blend reserved tomato juice, steak sauce, and cornstarch.  Pour over and around steak.








Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Cover tightly.  Cook for 30 minutes or until steak is tender.










10 comments:

  1. Lovely!!!! I love how you cut the peppers! What time is dinner?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, why thank you!! We are odd birds. We don't have dinner at any set time, basically whenever the mood strikes, usually around 6:30-7. :D Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  2. This looks really tasty, Kathy! It gave me some really good ideas - thanks!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beachlover, it is really good and was a big hit at my house. Thank you for stopping in to check out my recipe!

      Delete
  3. You are making my mouth water. When can I come over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bronwyngordon, thanks for the compliment and for stopping in. You are always welcome!

      Delete
  4. Looks yummy and a family favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, I just tried this recipe out for the first time the other night and it was a big hit!! We licked the skillet clean. YUM. Thanks for stopping by to check out my recipe!!

      Delete
  5. This looks like a great recipe, Kathy!!! I really like a meal like this that you can put everything into the pot and let it cook. That gives you time to set the table, cook the potatoes, make the salad and possibly get the kitchen cleaned up before dinner is ready to enjoy. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, this a favorite of mine. I love suppers I can put everything in one pot and let it look while I do something else. It is filling and tasty! Thanks for stopping by to check out my recipe!!

      Delete