Friday, March 30, 2012

The Perfect Weather


     I love all the seasons! Any day with the sun shining is a perfect day in my book. It would be a day that isn’t to hot or to cold but just right with a pleasant temperature between 70-80 degrees.  The skies would be brilliantly blue filled with white fluffy clouds.  A slight breeze perfumed with the smell of flowers and freshly mowed grass would fill the air.  


     On such a lovely day, no matter whether spring, summer, or fall, I would head outdoors to play track ball with my kids, take a walk, or lose myself in a good book while my kids played on the swing set or ran about playing one of their many games.  I would plan a picnic or a day to explore a park or a zoo.





      If it was summer and a tad warmer, I might rush to the beach to laze away the day watching the tide roll in and out as my kids built sand castles and buried their toes in the sand.  More likely I would take a swim in the backyard pool, and then relax in a lawn chair, catching rays, watching my kids play as I bury myself within the pages of a great book.






       If it was fall I would venture outdoors armed with my handy dandy leaf blower and attack the mountains of leaves drifting down.  Then I would enjoy watching them burn as the sun set and turned into a beautiful night with the moon watching over me and stars twinkling from the sky.


      
        In the winter I would delight in the cotton ball sized snow falling from the sky and how the world was magically transformed into a world blanketed in white.  Then I would rush outside and attempt to catch a few snowflakes on my tongue, make snow angels, and build the best snowman ever with my kids.  As long as the sun peeked out eventually to say hello, I would be happy.


       If my husband was home, the perfect weather would demand golf cart rides around the neighborhood and succulent perfectly grilled meat filling the air with the most mouth watering smells.  If the weather is bright and sunny there were would be yard work, gardening, and memories being made filled with laughter and smiles.  I will be walking on sunshine  until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.


     

10 comments:

  1. I love all the seasons too! I am constantly thankful that I live in a place where we have 4 distinct seasons!! And you detailed so many of my favorite things about them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I am so pleased you enjoyed my post!! Thank you for stopping in to read and for your comments!!

      Delete
  2. I like how you addressed all the seasons! I could only think about the perfect weather tomorrow, that I'm going to miss because I'll be working. I'm not happy!
    You always pick out the most appropriate songs for your posts!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, I love things about all the seasons so I had to address them. When I really analyzed it though I realized I liked sunshine best, so that worked. There will be other perfect days, so cheer up. Think of all the money you will be making!! I love music and for me blogging has always been more than writing. It was the word, the music, and the artistic visuals all put together. I love creating the whole package. Thank you for stopping in, for reading, and for your kind comments!!

      Delete
  3. "Walking on Sunshine" came out the summer betwen my junior and senior year of high school. I NEVER hear it without thinking of that summer, which was one of the best of my life. Thanks for sharing the photos and your visions of the perfect day in any weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masked Mom, I am so pleased you enjoyed it! Thank you for stopping by to read, comment, and share your memories!

      Delete
  4. I like the change of the seasons, but Memphis skipped winter this year. I think Spring is absent too because it's already in the 80s here. I predict this summer will be miserable with three-digit numbers, but if I'm on vacation, who cares?

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, oh boy! I hope you have air conditioning because triple digit heat sounds miserable. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!!

      Delete
  5. The weather is breaking and I'm all for it!!

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, me too!! I am ready for the warm weather!! Thank you for stopping in to read and comment!

      Delete