Friday, March 23, 2012

It Is What It Is- BFF 178




       On the weeks of the small paychecks you simply can’t pay everyone that thinks they need paying.  You pay the bills that take top priority and let the others slide, buy groceries, and put a little go-go juice in the vehicles.  The thing about bills is no matter how much the bill collectors hound you and claim that if you don’t make the payment today over the phone, the world won’t come to an end if you don’t.  We get paid on Fridays.  It doesn’t matter if you call me Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.  If you didn’t get paid the previous Friday, it is not happening this week.  When I get the money, you get the money.  It is what it is.


        I have always had a home phone until recently.  Then I realized that the only people that ever call on the home phone are telemarketers and the occasional bill collectors.   In other words, the only people who actually ever called the house phone were those that I really don’t give a rats a$$ if I ever talk to.  So in the grand scheme of things I decided that I really didn’t need a home phone so I canceled it.  On the same line of thinking I figured out I didn’t have to pay over $250.00 a month to have a cell phone with unlimited everything.  We got Straight Talk pay as you go android phones that do absolutely everything my high priced T mobile phone could do and pay a jaw dropping $45.00 a month per line.  That is only $90.00 a month for unlimited everything!!  Ka-ching!  I can just hear all the money I am saving!!    Why pay more??  In the price wars, you lose T mobile!!  It is what it is.





     Although I am trying to lose weight, I accept the fact that it will be a rough and tough battle.  Although when I look in the mirror I see a woman the size of a barn, I am always happy when I see people bigger than me when I am out and about.  I know I am not a skinny Minnie, but if you don’t like the way I look you can look the other way.  I am a work in progress!!  It is what it is.  




     Even though my husband is quite vocal about his hatred of cats, I like them.  I put up with his dogs and as long as he is married to me and I have breath in my body he will put up with my cats.  I have seen him sneaking around petting cats when no one is looking, so he fools absolutely no one.  For all his blustering about, he is gone more than he is not so if I want cats I will have cats.  It is what it is.
     


      I keep to myself, am not afraid to speak my mind, and will fight for my husband and kids.  I am loyal to those I love and to my friends.  I am gifted in the fact I can usually find something amusing in just about every situation.  You will never have to guess what I am thinking because I tell it just like it is and rarely sugar coat things.  I am what I am and it is what it is until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.


18 comments:

  1. I simply adore you!!! You are honest and real... My kind of friend.

    I hear you on the cell phones. When I retired, I dropped my Verizon and went to Tracfone. Since I hardly use the darned thing anyway, I don't need a monthly plan with everything. Every 90 days, I purchase a package of time/minutes for about $30 and that is it until the next 3 months. I can text, take photos, etc. It works for me.

    I love your "it is what it is" blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene, I am so pleased you enjoyed my post!! I think you are better served by Tracfone. We really are pleased with Straight Talk. Thank you for stopping by to read and comment!!

      Delete
  2. it is what it is. so true. just go with the flow, and everything will be simplified. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danneromero, that is what I like to do. Why complicate life?? Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!!

      Delete
  3. I love the fact that you don't sugar coat anything. You are a real gem and I love getting these glimpses into your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, awww thank you!! I am so pleased that you enjoyed my post!! This post really does give a real good glimpse of my personality. LOL Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!!

      Delete
  4. And this is why I love you so much! Real and honest and no nonsense. Life is just easier when you reflect and accept. If something needs changing, (read phones) change it! If you can't, accept it.
    Love this one GF. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I have found that reflect and accept is a lot easier than pi$$ and moan. LOL I am so pleased you enjoyed my post. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!!

      Delete
  5. I love your attitude, Kathy! All the worry or stressing in the world isn't gonna' change anything - it is what it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beachlover, exactly...it won't so why get the panties in a bunch?? Thanks for stopping in to read and for your comments!!

      Delete
  6. I think it makes life simpler when you have that attitude. I delight in your honesty, Kathy. My husband said he didn't like cats and our daughter kept begging for one. Anyway, he finally gave in when we moved to a new house where the property was just being developed and --- there were lots of field mice. So, that made sense to have a cat around. You know what? It just took two months for the cat and my husband to become best buds. We laughed a lot about how things turned out. Cats really are a comfort around the house, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, I have had cats all of my life. I can not imagine not having a cat around. Dogs are a newer addition. I like them, but they are high maintenance. Thank you for stopping in to read and for your comments!

      Delete
  7. I immediately like you - you have s t y l e! For me to have style is to be genuine, and you are one genuine lady! I grew up a trucker's kid and have the same openness - think that has anything to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just might. :D Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed what you found here. Trucker's kids are as special a breed as trucker's wives.

      Delete
  8. You need to change your laws. Telemarketers cannot call me, unless I invite them or they are calling from outside the country, because calling a private person (who isn't using his/her home phone for business) is considered harrassment where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weissdorn, we can sign up for "do not call" lists here but that doesn't filter out all of them all the time. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!

      Delete
  9. It is what it is! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, and it doesn't get much simpler than that. :D Thank you for stopping in to read and for your comments!!

      Delete