Monday, October 31, 2011

Spooky- BFF 137



       Even though I lived in the next town, when my Dad had a stroke…it was me that found him. It seemed like I always got stuck with the horse $hit things like finding my mother dead, and my Dad after he had his stroke.  He told me after that he was happy I did find him.   It was me that stopped by the house everyday and took in the mail, laying it carefully on the desk in his bedroom.  It was me that saw to his wishes and needs before he died.  Even shortly after he died, I still stopped in to bring in the mail and check on the house.


      One day I stopped in to bring in the mail much like I had on all the previous days.  However, this time turned out particularly spooky and I will never forget it.  While I was in the house my daughter was outside with my husband playing on the swing set my Dad had bought her for her frequent visits.  I still couldn’t believe my Dad was really gone.  The house was silent when I let myself in.  I made a beeline for his bedroom where I noticed the temperature seemed to drop to almost chilly.  Just like always, I flipped on the light switch and approached his desk.  That is when I saw it.  Chills ran up and down my spine as I was drawn to a small oval pin decorated with a picture I had seen before of two children walking on a bridge being watched by an angel. Where had it come from??  I felt uneasy as I picked it up and examined it.  I had never seen it before in my life and couldn’t imagine where it had come from.  My skin dotted with goose bumps as I hurriedly turned out the lights and rushed out of the house.


        I came upon a surreal image of my daughter swinging with my husband watching.  The sun had started to go down and dusk had fallen.  I looked over towards the east side of the house  and my breath caught.  There in the shadows were the ghosts of my parents!  “I must be seeing things!! How can this be??”  As I started forward, they turned, smiled,  and then walked away disappearing as I watched.  I strained my eyes.  I looked down at the angel pin in my hand and looked back to where their ghosts had once been and wondered if I was loosing my mind.  I wondered at the time if in my grief if I was only seeing them again because I wanted to so badly.  The only problem was that their images were so real.  Not only that, here was this angel pin that I had never seen before laying precisely in a place I couldn’t have missed it.  Instead of being frightened, I was intrigued.




          Several times since I have seen one or both of my parents in the shadows and in the mist watching over me.  On several occasions I have felt their presence.  I want to believe it is them and not my wishful thinking imagination.  It was just plain spooky!  Until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.



2 comments:

  1. Interesting--and quite spooky. I only see and talk to those who have passed in my dreams. I believe that God gives me these special dreams to allow this to happen. And I will say--the dreams do NOT seem like dreams but are very real in nature.

    Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I have had dreams and then I have had experiences like this where I was very much awake. Thank you for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete